Even though slot machines are the symbol of modernity, and online slots offer the most recent software technological developments, slot machine games have been around for more than 115 years. Slot history begins with the first mechanical slot machines that were introduced during the 1890s. These games offered prizes such as cigarette boxes or sweets. The earlier versions of slots offered similar instructions for playing slots. The Player had to insert a coin into the slot and pull on a lever in order to spin the reels. If the reels stopped for the right combination of symbols, then the player won.
The first machines in slots history used springs to spin the reels and metal breaking plates to stop them. This was considered top-notch technology and amazing gamblers wanted to try this amazing machine that had to flash bright lights and game out prizes. Great craftsmanship was needed to build such slot machines, and it took months, sometimes years, to build one slot machine. Electricity was introduced to slot history during the 1930s when a motor was used to operate the reels. This made for a more reliable slot machine that didn’t require as much maintenance.
During the 1960s another breakthrough was made in slot history after electromechanical technology was adopted for slot machines. This was a major change that allowed for a wider array of different slot games. Slots makers were now able to make differently themed and set up slot machines, as well as machines with different payout rates. Today all slot machines, including slots in online casino games and in real-life casinos, are controlled by computers and microprocessors. This has allowed for a proliferation of online slot games and variations, including games that include flash technology and 3D graphics.
Slots Betting Types
There are various betting types to choose from in online casino games. In this guide, we will give you detail on all of them.
- European Slots are three or six-reel slot machines that are also called fruit slots.
- Australian Slots are poker machines that have a video display and appear as regular five-reel slots only with more bonuses and special features.
- Japanese Slots are skill slots, meaning slot machines where the player is the one who stops the reels. Moreover, they usually cost less than other machines and have very vibrant colors to them.
- American Slots are the most common form of slots betting type that is seen in Las Vegas casino games and in the movies.
- Three Reel Slots are the classic version of the game, where you have three reels that spin and a single winning line to win, and thus have the easiest slots rules.
- Five Reel Slots are usually more visually beautiful and have better technology to them, as they allow you to win for multiple lines as well sometimes.
- Video Slots are now very popular online casino versions of slots, especially video poker games that have been around in slots history since the early 80s.
- Progressive Jackpots are perhaps the most sought games as they allow the jackpot to accumulate to ridiculous sums, granting sometimes millions of dollars in prizes for just a few bucks put in the machine.
- Free Slots are the final betting type for online slot games, and even though they are popular it is a bit boring because you are spinning the reel without the chance to win any cash.