The goal of the game of Roulette is to select the winning number that will appear on the Roulette wheel. Bets are placed on numbers, odd/even and black/red. The Roulette table layout is comprised of 36 numbers, 1 to 36, that alternate between red and black. Additional bets are available on the sides of the table that include odd or even, first, second or third column, red or black, and first half or second half. The zero is found at the top of the Roulette wheel.
The game is started by placing chips on the table layout. There is no limit to the number of numbers and chips that can be wagered. The Roulette wheel is then spun and where the ball lands determine what number and side bets are paid. Bets are paid at true odds meaning that the zero is not calculated, the payout for hitting one number is 35 to 1, for red or black and even or odd is even money.
Type of Bets
- Straight bet-Select one number
- Column bet-Select a column of 12 numbers down the table
- Dozen bet-Picking a group of 12 numbers across the table
- Red or Black-Correctly predict the color that the ball will land in
- Odds or Evens-Correctly predict an odd or even number will hit
- High or Low-Predict if the ball will land on numbers 1-18 or 19-36
- Split bet-Select two adjacent numbers and bet on the line dividing those numbers
- Row or Street bet-Select a 3-number row across the table
- Six Number bet-Choose two adjacent 3-number rows
- Corner bet-Select four adjacent numbers and wager on the intersection between the four
Types of Roulette
European roulette: This version of Roulette has 37 compartments, with numbers from 1 to 36 with the addition of a zero. European roulette offers a lower house edge than the American version and has better odds.
American roulette: This version of Roulette has 38 compartments with numbers from 1 to 36 and of a 00. The 00, provides a higher house advantage than European Roulette.